This is one of my favorite fall soups! I’ve never given the recipe to anyone who doesn’t like it, so I hope you do too!
Print this recipe
• 1 butternut squash
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 1 lb. Italian sausage
• 1 medium onion
• 1 can diced tomatoes
• 2 Tbs. tomato paste
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
• 1 tsp whole fennel seed
• 1 tsp whole cumin seed
• salt and pepper to taste
• Peel the squash and sweet potatoes and chop into half-inch cubes.
• Sauté onion until translucent; set aside.
• Brown sausage. Drain well and set aside.
• In large pot combine squash, sweet potatoes chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste. Cook for approximately 7-10 min. or until squash and sweet potatoes are slightly firm on the outside but softer in the middle. Don’t overcook or they will be mushy.
• Add garbanzo beans, fennel, cumin and salt and pepper.
**This tastes even better the next day!